• RowReduce[m] gives the row-reduced form of the matrix m.
• RowReduce performs a version of Gaussian elimination, adding multiples of rows together so as to produce zero elements when possible. The final matrix is in reduced row echelon form.
• If m is a non-degenerate square matrix, RowReduce[m] is IdentityMatrix[Length[m]].
• If m
is a sufficiently non-degenerate rectangular matrix with
rows and more than
columns, then the first
columns of RowReduce[m]
will form an identity matrix.
• RowReduce works on both numerical and symbolic matrices.
• RowReduce[m, Modulus -> n] performs row reduction modulo n.
• RowReduce[m, ZeroTest -> test] evaluates test[ m[[i, j]] ] to determine whether matrix elements are zero.
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.
• Advanced Documentation.