• SelectionEvaluateCreateCell[notebook] takes the current selection in a notebook and creates a new cell containing the result obtained by evaluating the contents of the selection using the kernel.
• SelectionEvaluateCreateCell[notebook, sel] sets the current selection after the evaluation to be as specified by sel.
• The first argument of SelectionEvaluateCreateCell
is a NotebookObject
• The default for sel is After.
• SelectionEvaluateCreateCell[notebook, All] sets the current selection to be the cell corresponding the result from the evaluation.
performs the same underlying operation as typing Shift-Enter in the front end. It does not, however, have side effects such as incrementing $Line
• New in Version 3.