• SelectionMove[obj, dir, unit] moves the current selection in an open notebook in the front end in the direction dir by the specified unit.
• SelectionMove[obj, dir, unit, n] repeats the move n times.
• Possible direction specifications are:
|Next ||make the selection be the next unit of the specified type |
|Previous ||make the selection be the previous unit of the specified type |
|After ||make the selection be just after the end of the present unit |
|Before ||make the selection be just before the beginning of the present unit |
|All ||make the selection be the whole of the present unit |
• Possible unit specifications are:
|Character ||individual character |
|Word ||word or other token |
|Expression ||complete subexpression |
|TextLine ||line of text |
|CellContents ||the contents of the cell |
|Cell ||complete cell |
|CellGroup ||cell group |
|EvaluationCell ||cell associated with the current evaluation |
|ButtonCell ||cell associated with any button that initiated the evaluation |
|GeneratedCell ||cell generated by the current evaluation |
|Notebook ||complete notebook |
• Unless the option setting AutoScroll->False is given, the front end will scroll a notebook so that the result of SelectionMove is visible.
• The front end will also usually highlight the region corresponding to the result.
• With direction specifications After and Before, SelectionMove will usually make the current selection be an insertion point between two units of the specified type.
if it cannot move the selection in the way you request.
• The EvaluationCell defines the point after which output from the current evaluation will by default be placed.
• New in Version 3.