• SetOptions[s, ->, ->, ... ] sets the specified default options for a symbol s.
• SetOptions[stream, ... ] or SetOptions["name", ... ] sets options associated with a particular stream.
• SetOptions[object, ... ] sets options associated with an external object such as a NotebookObject.
• SetOptions is equivalent to an assignment which redefines certain elements of the list Options[s] of default options.
can be used on Protected
• SetOptions returns the new form of Options[s].
• You can use SetOptions
objects. If there is only one stream with a particular name, you can give the name as a string as the argument of Options
can be used on a list of streams, such as the value of $Output
• If you use SetOptions[NotebookObject[ ... ], ... ] the kernel will send a request to the front end which will immediately make the change specified.
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.