• Short[expr] prints as a short form of expr, less than about one line long.
• Short[expr, n] prints as a form of expr about n lines long.
gives a "skeleton form" of expr
, with omitted sequences of k
elements indicated by k
• In StandardForm
, the characters used for this output are \[LeftSkeleton]
• Omitted sequences of elements are printed as Skeleton
• Short prints long strings in skeleton form.
• The number of lines specified need not be an integer.
• Short acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
• Trying to feed k
as obtained from Short
back as input to Mathematica
will generate an error.
• Short is used to limit the length of output in standard Mathematica warning and other messages.
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.