• StandardForm[expr] prints as the standard Mathematica two-dimensional representation of expr.
• StandardForm generates output that gives a unique and unambiguous representation of Mathematica expressions, suitable for use as input.
• StandardForm incorporates many aspects of traditional mathematical notation.
• StandardForm is the standard format type used for both input and output of Mathematica expressions in notebooks.
• StandardForm can be edited in the notebook front end.
• StandardForm uses special characters as well as ordinary keyboard characters.
• StandardForm is based on boxes.
• The notebook front end contains menu items for conversion to and from StandardForm.
• New in Version 3.