• TagBox[boxes, tag] displays as boxes but maintains tag to guide the interpretation of boxes on input.
• TagBox provides a way to store hidden information in Mathematica output.
• By convention, tag is typically a symbol that corresponds to the head of the interpreted form of boxes.
• The following options can be given:
|AutoDelete ||False ||whether to strip the TagBox if boxes are modified |
|DeletionWarning ||False ||whether to issue a warning if boxes are deleted |
|Editable ||Automatic ||whether to allow boxes to be edited |
|Selectable ||True ||whether to allow boxes to be selected |
|StripWrapperBoxes ||False ||whether to remove StyleBox etc. from within boxes |
• If you modify the displayed form of TagBox[boxes, tag] only boxes will be modified, and there is no guarantee that correct correspondence with tag will be maintained.
• New in Version 3.