• TraditionalForm[expr] prints as an approximation to the traditional mathematical notation for expr.
• Output from TraditionalForm cannot necessarily be given as unique and unambiguous input to Mathematica.
inserts invisible TagBox
constructs into the box form of output it generates, to allow unique interpretation.
• TraditionalForm can be edited in the notebook front end.
• TraditionalForm uses special characters as well as ordinary keyboard characters.
• TraditionalForm incorporates a large collection of rules for approximating traditional mathematical notation.
• TraditionalForm prints functions in Global` context in the form f(x).
• ToExpression[boxes, TraditionalForm] will attempt to convert from TraditionalForm.
• The notebook front end contains menu items for conversion to and from TraditionalForm.
• New in Version 3.