• UnitStep[x] represents the unit step function, equal to 0 for and 1 for .
• UnitStep[, , ... ] represents the multidimensional unit step function which is 1 only if none of the are negative.
• Some transformations are done automatically when UnitStep appears in a product of terms.
• UnitStep provides a convenient way to represent piecewise continuous functions.
• For exact numeric quantities, UnitStep
internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision
• New in Version 4.