|SelectionMove[obj, dir, unit]|
moves the current selection in an open notebook in the front end in the direction dir by the specified unit.
|SelectionMove[obj, dir, unit, n]|
repeats the move n times.
- Possible direction specifications are:
|Next||make the selection be the next unit of the specified type |
|Previous||make the selection be the previous unit of the specified type |
|After||make the selection be just after the end of the present unit |
|Before||make the selection be just before the beginning of the present unit |
|All||make the selection be the whole of the present unit |
- Possible unit specifications are:
|Character||individual character |
|Word||word or other token |
|Expression||complete subexpression |
|TextLine||line of text |
|GraphicsContents||the contents of a graphics object |
|Graphics||complete graphics object|
|CellContents||the contents of a cell |
|Cell||complete cell |
|CellGroup||cell group |
|EvaluationCell||cell associated with the current evaluation |
|ButtonCell||cell associated with any button that initiated the evaluation |
|GeneratedCell||cell generated by the current evaluation |
|Notebook||complete notebook |
- The front end will also usually highlight the region corresponding to the result.
- With direction specifications After and Before, SelectionMove will usually make the current selection be an insertion point between two units of the specified type. »
- The EvaluationCell defines the point after which output from the current evaluation will by default be placed.
Select the first cell after the initial selection position:
Select the third cell after the initial selection position:
New in 3 | Last modified in 6