uses packed arrays if possible in the internal representation of expr.
- To use , you first need to load the Developer Utilities Package using Needs["Developer`"].
- Using will not change results generated by Mathematica, but can enhance speed of execution and reduce memory usage.
- is effectively used automatically by many functions that generate large lists.
- will successfully pack full lists of any depth containing machine-sized integers and machine-sized approximate real and complex numbers.
- will when possible convert entries in expr to be of the specified type.
- Possible types are: Integer, Real, and Complex.
- Only machine-sized numbers can be stored in packed form.
- The option Tolerance->tol can be used to specify when small numerical values can be ignored in conversion to more restrictive types, and when they must prevent conversion to packed form.