generates a graphic that captures the current state of the runtime user interface.
- To use , you first need to load GUIKit using Needs["GUIKit`"].
- interface can be a GUIObject, a J/Link Java user interface object, an interface expression, or a name of a widget definition.
- When the argument is a GUIObject, the state of the interface is captured and left unchanged.
- When the argument is a widget definition expression, it is created, captured, and then closed.
- When the argument is a widget, a screen shot is generated of only the requested widget, without the underlying native window.
- When the argument consists of screen coordinates of the form , a rectangle from the current screen is captured.
- When no arguments are given, the contents of the entire screen are captured.
- is useful for creating previews of a definition within a notebook, documenting changes during the runtime of an interface, and also as an easy way of exchanging and submitting bug and problem reports to others.