performs a test with null hypothesis .
- To use , you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- gives a -value for the test that the ratio of the variances and of the populations from which and were sampled is significantly different from r.
- uses the test statistic Variance[list1]/Variance[list2]/r.
- is based on an F-ratio distribution with Length[list1]-1 and Length[list2]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
FullReport False whether to include detailed information about a test SignificanceLevel None significance level of the test TwoSided False whether to perform a two-sided test
- With the option FullReport->True, also returns the ratio of sample variances, the test statistic, and the distribution used to generate the -value.