As of Version 7.0, some of the functionality of the Splines Package is now built into the Mathematica kernel.
is a two-dimensional graphics primitive which represents a spline of type type through (or controlled by) points .
- To use , you first need to load the Splines Package using .
- Possible settings for type are:
Cubic cubic spline Bezier Bézier spline CompositeBezier composite Bézier spline
- may be used along with other graphics primitives in a Graphics expression.
- produces a spline expression of the form where control is information which describes the spline completely.
- The information in control depends on the kind of spline used.
- The following options can be given:
SplinePoints 25 initial number of points sampled in default rendering of spline SplineDots None style to render interpolation or control points of curve MaxBend 10. maximum angle between successive segments when using adaptive rendering SplineDivision 20. maximum amount of subdivision to be used in attempting to generate a smooth curve