gives the default list of directories to search in attempting to find an external file.
- The structure of directory and file names may differ from one computer system to another.
- $Path is used both for files in Get and for external programs in Install.
- The setting for $Path can be overridden in specific functions using the Path option.
- The directory names are specified by strings. The full file names tested are of the form ToFileName[directory, name].
- On most computer systems, the following special characters can be used in directory names:
. the current directory .. the directory one level up in the hierarchy ~ the user's home directory
- $Path can contain nested sublists.
New in 1 | Last modified in 6