cancels out common factors in the numerator and denominator of expr.
- Cancel cancels out the greatest common divisor of the numerator and denominator.
- Cancel[expr, Modulus->p] generates a result modulo p.
- Cancel[expr, Extension->Automatic] allows operations to be performed on algebraic numbers in expr.
- Cancel[expr, Trig->True] treats trigonometric functions as rational functions of exponentials, and manipulates them accordingly.
- Cancel automatically threads over lists, as well as equations, inequalities and logic functions.
New in 1 | Last modified in 6