gives a binary image in which white pixels correspond to the zeros and zero crossings in image.
treats values in image that are smaller in absolute value than delta as zero.
- ContourDetect finds pixels with zero value as well as pixels with positive values that have at least one negative neighbor.
- For color images, ContourDetect operates on the intensity averaged over all channels.
- ContourDetect works with images of arbitrary type.
- ContourDetect[m] finds zeros and zero crossings in a numerical matrix m, returning a sparse array.
- ContourDetect[m, delta] effectively chops values smaller in magnitude than delta.
- ContourDetect by default treats all eight pixels surrounding a given pixel as adjacent.
- The option setting CornerNeighbors->False treats only the four pixels in the coordinate directions as adjacent.
- Using the option setting CornerNeighbors->None, ContourDetect operates on the dual grid whose pixels correspond to the corners in the original image, thereby reducing the dimensions of the resulting image by one pixel.
New in 8