gives the base name for a file without its extension.
- FileBaseName["name.ext"] gives .
- FileBaseName drops all directory specifications.
- FileBaseName["file"] gives None if has the form of a directory name.
- FileBaseName by default assumes pathname separators and other conventions suitable for your operating system.
- FileBaseName[..., OperatingSystem->"os"] uses the conventions of the specified operating system. Possible choices are , , and .
- FileBaseName just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
New in 7