gives a format for the specified form of output.
- Standard forms for formatted output are:
CForm C language input form FortranForm Fortran input form InputForm one-dimensional form suitable for direct keyboard input MathMLForm MathML form OutputForm character-based two-dimensional form StandardForm standard two-dimensional form TeXForm TeX input form TraditionalForm form approximating traditional mathematical notation
- You can add your own forms for formatted output.
- Format[s]:=rhs defines a symbol s to print like rhs.
- Format[f[...]]:=rhs defines a function f to print like rhs.
- If you specify a new output format for an expression by giving a definition for Format, there is no guarantee that Mathematica will be able to interpret this output format if it is used as input.
- Definitions given for Format are used before those given for MakeBoxes.
New in 1 | Last modified in 5