OBSOLETE MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
As of Version 6.0, has been superseded by settings for Lighting.
is an option for Graphics3D and related functions that specifies the properties of point light sources for simulated illumination.
- The basic form is , where the are the specifications for each light source.
- Each has the form . The direction is specified as , where the components are taken with respect to the final display area. The x and y are horizontal and vertical in the plane of the display; z is orthogonal to the display. Positive z is in front. Only the relative magnitude of the components is relevant; the overall normalization of the vector is ignored. The color can be specified by GrayLevel, Hue, or RGBColor.
- Simulated illumination determines the shading of surfaces in three-dimensional pictures.
- The shading of a particular surface element is computed as a sum of contributions from point light sources, plus a contribution from ambient light.
- Surface properties are specified by RGBColor, Specularity, and Glow directives.
- Light reflection properties assumed for surfaces are described in the notes for SurfaceColor.
New in 1