BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
is an option for UnderoverscriptBox and related boxes that specifies whether to change the positioning of underscripts and overscripts in the way conventional for limits.
- UnderoverscriptBox[x, y, z, LimitsPositioning->False] is always displayed with explicit underscripts and overscripts as .
- UnderoverscriptBox[x, y, z, LimitsPositioning->True] is displayed as when large, and when small.
- The form is used when the box appears in a subscript or other script, or inline in a piece of text.
- With the default setting LimitsPositioning->Automatic, the display of UnderoverscriptBox[x, y, z] depends on x. If x is \[Sum], \[Product], or another form conventionally displayed with limits, then LimitsPositioning->True is effectively used. Otherwise, LimitsPositioning->False is used.
- LimitsPositioningTokens is a Cell option that can be set to a list of forms for which LimitsPositioning->True should be used.
Define a low-level structure that has small underoverscript elements:
With LimitsPositioning->True, the upper and lower scripts go to the right of the base:
With LimitsPositioning->False, the upper and lower scripts stay directly above and below:
With LimitsPositioning->Automatic, the side positions are used with base , not with x:
New in 3