BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
connects to a MathLink link created by another program.
- LinkConnect by default uses shared memory links.
- The option LinkProtocol allows other data transport protocols to be specified.
- LinkConnect can connect to a port on a remote computer system with the option setting LinkProtocol->"TCPIP".
- LinkConnect returns a LinkObject.
- You can use LinkConnect with LinkCreate to set up peer-to-peer communication between two Mathematica processes.
- LinkConnect can be used to connect to a link created by calling LinkCreate in another Mathematica process.
- LinkConnect can be used to connect to an external program that has created a MathLink link by calling the appropriate MathLink library functions.
- External programs built from MathLink templates using and can typically create MathLink links whenever they are given command-line arguments.
- LinkConnect internally calls a function analogous to the function in the MathLink library.
- Even though no program may yet be connected to the other end of the MathLink link, the function LinkConnect will return immediately and will not block.
New in 3