creates a MathLink link with the specified name for another program to connect to.
creates a MathLink link and picks an unused name for the link.
- LinkCreate returns a LinkObject.
- You can use LinkCreate and LinkConnect to set up peer-to-peer communication between two Mathematica processes.
- LinkCreate by default creates a shared memory link.
- The option LinkProtocol specifies the underlying data transport protocol to use.
- LinkCreate[LinkProtocol->"TCPIP"] picks an unused TCP/IP port on your computer system and creates a MathLink link on it.
- LinkCreate internally calls a function analogous to the function in the MathLink library.
New in 3