starts the external program prog and opens a MathLink connection to it.
- LinkLaunch["prog"] runs prog as a subsidiary or child process to your current Mathematica session.
- You can use a command such as LinkLaunch["math -mathlink"] to launch a subsidiary Mathematica kernel process from within your Mathematica session.
- On most computer systems, calling LinkLaunch["prog"] multiple times with the same argument will start several prog processes running.
- On some computer systems, LinkLaunch will bring up a program browser.
- LinkLaunch returns a LinkObject.
- The option LinkProtocol specifies the underlying data transport protocol to use.
- LinkLaunch internally calls a function analogous to the function in the MathLink library.
New in 3