BUILT-IN MATHEMATICA SYMBOL
represents data that is missing.
specifies a reason for the data being missing.
associates the expression expr with the missing data.
- Missing[...] is a symbolic object, with no default evaluation rules defined.
- Typical examples of include , , , , , , , or .
- Missing can be returned by most data functions such as CountryData and ElementData.
- Plotting functions automatically omit Missing objects when plotting data.
- In TraditionalForm, Missing is typically formatted as , with a tooltip specifying the reason.
New in 6