represents a sum of terms.
- Plus has attributes Flat, Orderless, and OneIdentity.
- The default value for arguments of Plus, as used in patterns, is . »
- Plus is taken to be .
- Plus[x] is x.
- x+0 evaluates to x, but x+0.0 is left unchanged.
- In mixed fractions such as , the implicit addition can be entered as Esc+Esc or \[ImplicitPlus]. This evaluates to , but implicit addition is an operator with much higher precedence than .
- Unlike other functions, Plus applies built-in rules before user-defined ones. As a result, it is not possible to make definitions such as .
New in 1 | Last modified in 6