is an option to graphics and related functions that specifies whether image size and certain other options should be preserved from the previous version of a graphic if the graphic is replaced by a new one in output.
- With PreserveImageOptions->False, settings for image options from the previous version of a graphic are always ignored.
- PreserveImageOptions->Automatic specifies that image options from the previous version of a graphic should be used if there are no explicit settings for the options in a new graphic.
- PreserveImageOptions->True specifies that any image option setting manually changed by interactive manipulation in the previous version of a graphic will overwrite the setting for that option in a new graphic. If no manual change was made in the previous version, then any explicit setting in the new version will be used, but if there is no such explicit setting, then any setting from the old version will be used.
- In Graphics, PreserveImageOptions affects ImageSize and ImageMargins.
- In Graphics3D, it also affects ViewPoint, ViewCenter, ViewVertical, and ViewAngle.
- Settings given for PreserveImageOptions in Manipulate, Animate, and related functions affect the default value of PreserveImageOptions assumed for all graphics that appear anywhere in their contents.
By default, Manipulate preserves manual resizing of the graphic: