opens the specified file, URL, or other target with the associated program on your computer system.
- SystemOpen sends its target to the operating system, which then opens it using its default application for the target type given.
- URLs and URIs must include explicit http:, mailto:, ftp:, etc. prefixes.
- SystemOpen["file"] is essentially equivalent to double-clicking the file icon in your operating system.
- SystemOpen["file"] searches for the specified file in the directories given in $Path.
- SystemOpen["file"] returns $Failed if the specified file does not exist.
New in 7