- SystemsModelDelay makes it possible to represent systems involving time delays and efficiently manipulate, approximate, and simulate these systems.
- SystemsModelDelay is typeset in StandardForm as and can be entered using EscdelayEsc.
- For a StateSpaceModel, SystemsModelDelay can occur linearly in any of the system matrices. For a signal , SystemsModelDelayw[t] is taken to be .
- For a TransferFunctionModel, SystemsModelDelay can occur linearly in the coefficients of the polynomials. It is taken to represent a transformed time delay:
- s in a continuous-time system z- in a discrete-time system
- Here, s is the Laplace-transform variable, and z is the z-transform variable.
- For discrete-time systems, the delay is taken to be a multiple of the SamplingPeriod.
New in 9