assigns rhs to be the value of lhs, and associates the assignment with the symbol f.
- TagSet defines upvalues or downvalues as appropriate.
- The symbol f in must appear in lhs as the head of lhs, the head of the head, one of the elements of lhs, or the head of one of the elements.
- A common case is .
- You can see all the rules associated with a particular symbol by typing ?symbol.
- If f appears several times in lhs, then associates the assignment with each occurrence.
- When it appears in unevaluated symbolic form, TagSet is treated as a scoping construct so that variables in nested occurrences are renamed if necessary.
New in 1