is a low-level representation of the contents of a textual cell.
- Textual cells can contain unformatted or formatted text such as styles, buttons, inline cells, etc.
- Cell[TextData[string]] or equivalently, Cell[string], represents cells containing unformatted text.
- Cell[TextData[expr]] represents a cell containing formatted text with styles, buttons, inline cells, etc.
- TextData is typically used as the contents of a Cell expression, and not on its own.
- Except for low-level notebook expression manipulation, TextData should not need to be used directly.
New in 8