, , or
represents a product of terms.
- The character is entered as Esc*Esc or \[Times]. It is not the same as \[Cross].
- Times has attributes Flat, Orderless, and OneIdentity.
- The default value for arguments of Times, as used in patterns, is .
- Times is taken to be .
- Times[x] is x.
- 0x evaluates to , and 0.0x evaluates to .
- Unlike other functions, Times applies built-in rules before user-defined ones. As a result, it is not possible to make definitions such as .
New in 1 | Last modified in 3