Cell ► Cell Properties ► Initialization Cell
makes a cell auto-evaluate whenever the notebook is opened and the kernel is launched.
- When a cell is an initialization cell, a vertical tick mark (|) appears in the cell bracket.
- Initialization Cell toggles the option InitializationCell between True and False on the selected cell objects.
- The option InitializationCellEvaluation, set at the notebook level, determines when the initialization cells in a notebook are evaluated.
- The option InitializationCellWarning determines whether you get a dialog box confirming that you want to evaluate the initialization cells, at the time determined by InitializationCellEvaluation.
- You can evaluate the initialization cells manually at any time by choosing Evaluation ► Evaluate Initialization Cells.