This information is part of the Modelica Standard Library maintained by the Modelica Association.
- Library Officer:
- Martin Otter
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institut für Robotik und Mechatronik
Abteilung für Entwurfsorientierte Regelungstechnik
- The central idea to handle a certain class of overdetermined, consistent set of differential algebraic equations (i.e., there are more equations than unknowns) with symbolic transformation algorithms was developed together with Hilding Elmqvist and Sven Erik Mattsson from Dynasim AB, Lund, Sweden. The MultiBody library is heavily relying on this feature which is a prerequiste for a truely "object-oriented" multi-body systems library, where components can be connected together in any meaningful way.
- The Examples.Loops.EngineV6 demo of a six cylinder V6 engine with 6 planar loops and 1 degree of freedom is from Hilding Elmqvist and Sven Erik Mattsson.
- Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Forces.LineForceWithMass is based on model "RelativeDistance" from the Modelica VehicleDynamics library of Johan Andreasson from Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- The 1-dim. components (Parts.Rotor1D, Parts.BevelGear1D, Mounting1D) and Joints.GearConstraints are from Christian Schweiger.
- The design of this library is based on work carried out in the EU RealSim project (Real-time Simulation for Design of Multi-physics Systems) funded by the European Commission within the Information Societies Technology (IST) programme under contract number IST 1999-11979.