computes the symmetric matrix-vector multiplication α a.x+β y and resets y to the result.
- To use SYMV, you first need to load the BLAS Package using Needs["LinearAlgebra`BLAS`"].
- The following arguments must be given:
ul input string upper/lower triangular string α input expression scalar mutliple a input expression square symmetric matrix x input expression vector β input expression scalar multiple y input/output symbol vector; the symbol value is modified in place
- The matrix is assumed symmetric, and only the upper or lower triangular part of a is used.
- The upper/lower triangular string ul may be specified as:
"U" the upper triangular part of a is to be used "L" the lower triangular part of a is to be used
- Dimensions of the matrix and vector arguments must be such that the dot product and addition are well defined.