NDSolve::ntdv NDSolveValue::ntdv ParametricNDSolve::ntdv ParametricNDSolveValue::ntdv
- This message is generated when NDSolve is unable to solve for the derivatives in a differential equation.
- NDSolve uses Solve to solve symbolically for the derivatives in a differential equation.
- This error will occur if the equations do not have a solution, or if it is not possible to solve for the derivatives by algebraic methods.
- In some cases this error can be handled by solving for the derivatives separately and using those solutions in the input to NDSolve.
- Off[message] switches off the message; On[message] switches it on. For example: Off[NDSolve::ntdv].
Basic Examples (2)
This example can be handled by solving numerically for the derivative and using that solution in the input to NDSolve: