• Kinematic is a setting for the Solution option for several Mech functions.
• Solution->Kinematic causes such functions to seek a solution for the location, velocity, and velocity-dependent loading of the current model.
• The alternatives to the Kinematic setting are Location, Velocity, Acceleration, Static, and Dynamic.
• The Kinematic setting should be used when a model contains applied loads that are functions of mechanism velocity. If the Static setting is used in such cases, all velocities are set to zero.
• See also: SolveMech, SetFree.