• Dynamic is a setting for the Solution option for several Mech functions.
• Solution->Dynamic causes such functions to seek a solution for the location, velocity, acceleration, and dynamic loading of the current model.
• Dynamic is also a setting for the Type option for Loads. Type->Dynamic causes Loads to return the total inertial load on a body.
• The alternatives to the Dynamic setting for the Solution option are Location, Velocity, Acceleration, Static, and Kinematic.
• The alternatives to the Dynamic setting for the Type option are Applied and Reaction, which cause Loads to return external loads or kinematic reaction forces, respectively.
• See also: SolveMech, SetFree.
Load the Modeler2D package and define a simple model.
Because the link body has nonzero mass and moment of inertia, it has a nonzero dynamic load vector that is a function of the acceleration of the body.