• SplineFit[data, options] generates a SplineFunction object representing the data as a cubic spline.
• data is given as rectangular matrix of numbers, that is, a list of coordinates.
• For a 2D spline curve data is given as a list of 2D vectors; for a 3D spline data is a list of 3D vectors.
• SplineFit works with data of any dimensionality, not only 2D or 3D.
• The following options can be given:
• See also: ArcLength.
Load the Modeler2D package.
Create a SplineFunction representing the path between a sequence of 2D points, and evaluate it halfway between the first and second points. Each end of the spline will have zero curvature.
The spline is a 2D parametric function, and can be plotted as such.
Here is a spline with the ends closed upon themselves.
Here is a spline with specific direction vectors at the ends.
Here are all three splines shown together.
Here is a SplineFunction with values given for the independent variable at each knot point.
Here is the arc length of the spline, also expressed as a function of the independent variable.