• SplineFunction[range, internal] represents a spline created by SplineFit.
• The SplineFunction accepts an argument within the range of the spline for evaluation at some point along the curve.
• When given a single symbolic argument, an n-dimension SplineFunction evaluates to a list of n SplineFunction objects. This is useful when the spline is to be passed to a function that requires two or three separate parametric functions in a list.
• SplineFunction objects can be used for Mech cam profiles.
• Cubic splines have zeroth-, first-, and second-order continuity.
• See also: ArcLength.
Load the Modeler2D package.
Create a SplineFunction representing the path between a sequence of 2D points, and evaluate it halfway between the first and second points. Each end of the spline will have zero curvature.
The spline is a 2D parametric function, and can be plotted as such.
Here is a spline with the ends closed upon themselves.
Here is a spline with specific direction vectors at the ends.
Here are all three splines shown together.
Here is a SplineFunction with values given for the independent variable at each knot point.
Here is the arc length of the spline, also expressed as a function of the independent variable.