gives a confidence interval for the population mean estimated from list.
- To use MeanCI, you first need to load the Hypothesis Testing Package using Needs["HypothesisTesting`"].
- MeanCI[list] gives a confidence interval centered at Mean[list].
- If the variance is assumed known, MeanCI is based on the normal distribution.
- If the variance is not assumed known, MeanCI is based on Student's distribution with Length[list]-1 degrees of freedom.
- The following options can be given:
ConfidenceLevel 0.95 probability associated with a confidence interval KnownVariance None variance of population