is an interval list for the Just Major scale.
- To use JustMajor, you first need to load the Music Package using Needs["Music`"].
- Intervals are measured in cents.
- MusicScale[JustMajor,freq,dur] creates a Sound object that is a sequence of pitches corresponding to the Just Major scale.
- In the Just Major scale, the ratios of the 3, 6, and 7 intervals are simplified from the Pythagorean model.
- Whereas in the Pythagorean scale the ratios are 81/64 for a 3, 27/16 for a 6, and 243/128 for a 7, in Just Intonation the ratios are 5/4 for a 3, 5/3 for a 6, and 15/8 for a 7.
- The other intervals are the same as the Pythagorean scale.
- JustMajor was invented by the theorist Zarlino in the 16 century so that simultaneously sounding tones would have simple ratios.