gives the native ordering of bytes in binary data on your computer system.
- Possible values of $ByteOrdering are and .
- corresponds to big endian (appropriate for 680x0 and many other processors); corresponds to little endian (appropriate for x86 processors).
- corresponds to having the most significant byte first; to having the least significant byte first.
- is the order obtained from IntegerDigits[n,256].
- $ByteOrdering gives the default setting for the ByteOrdering option in Import and Export.
Introduced in 1999