As of version 6.0, has been superseded by explicit settings for FormatType in Graphics and related functions.
gives the default format type to use for text that appears in graphics.
- The default setting for the standard notebook front end is $FormatType=StandardForm.
- The default setting for the text‐based front end is $FormatType=OutputForm.
- A common alternative setting is TraditionalForm.
- Box‐based format types such as StandardForm and TraditionalForm can be used only when a notebook front end is present.
- gives the default value for the FormatType option in graphics.
Introduced in 1996