prints as a two-dimensional representation of expr using only keyboard characters.
- OutputForm is an approximation to StandardForm which uses only ordinary keyboard characters.
- The OutputForm of many kinds of expressions is quite different from their internal representation.
- OutputForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation. »
- OutputForm cannot be used directly for input to the Wolfram Language.
- When possible, OutputForm uses approximations to special characters. Thus is given as and as . »
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996