is the head used for real (floating‐point) numbers.
- can be used to stand for a real number in a pattern.
- You can enter a floating‐point number of any length.
- You can enter a number in scientific notation by using the form .
- You can enter a floating‐point number in base b using . The base must be less than 36. The letters – or – are used in sequence to stand for digits 10 through 35.
- Real is also used to indicate an approximate real number in Read.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1996