gives expr with elem appended.
- In iteratively building a list, it is usually more efficient to use Sow and Reap than to use Append[list,new] at each step.
- Append works on SparseArray objects, returning ordinary lists if necessary.
- Append can be used on Association objects. Single new elements are specified in the form . New values replace older ones if their keys are the same.
- Multiple elements to append to an association can be specified in the form .
- Append[elem][expr] is equivalent to Append[expr,elem].
- Database-Like Operations on Datasets
- Elements of Lists
- Function Composition & Operator Forms
- Computation with Structured Datasets
- List Manipulation
- Functional Programming
- Constructing Lists
- Structural Operations on Expressions
- Rearranging & Restructuring Lists
- Handling Arrays of Data
- Parts of Expressions
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2014