- Possible settings for AutoIndent are:
False do no indentation True indent the same as the previous line Automatic indent according to the structure of the expression (default)
- With AutoIndent->True, tabs or spaces used for indentation on the previous line are explicitly inserted at the beginning of the new line.
- With AutoIndent->Automatic, line breaks are always indicated by an \[IndentingNewLine] character even if they were originally entered using ↵ or \[NewLine].
- Indentation after an \[IndentingNewLine] is automatically redone every time an expression is displayed.
- The amount of indentation after an \[IndentingNewLine] is determined by the settings for the LineIndent and LineIndentMaxFraction options.
Basic Examples (2)
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 1999