gives the pixel width of uniform borders of image in the form .
finds borders whose pixels vary by an amount less than t.
- BorderDimensions works with binary, grayscale, and multichannel images.
- BorderDimensions[image] is equivalent to BorderDimensions[image,0.02].
- ImagePad[image,-BorderDimensions[image]] effectively removes uniform image margins.
- BorderDimensions works with Image3D objects and returns the borders in the form .
- BorderDimensions computes the constant or semi-uniform border or frame around a 2D or 3D image and returns them as an array of integer values of the form (for an Image) or (for an Image3D). With an optional second argument, BorderDimensions finds borders whose pixels vary by an amount less than a given threshold.
- Border dimensions of a uniform image are considered zero.
- ImagePad can be used to remove the detected border from an image. ImageCrop is another function that can be used to crop an almost-uniform border. However, unlike BorderDimensions, ImageCrop does not allow specification of a variance threshold.
Introduced in 2010
(8.0)| Updated in 2012