- The default setting for ButtonFunction causes the button to paste its contents at your current notebook selection.
- ButtonFunction is used only with the setting Enabled->True, either for the individual button or for the cell that contains it.
- With ButtonFunction->f, the first argument supplied to f is specified by the setting for ButtonSource, and the second argument by the setting for ButtonData.
- Standard Wolfram Language precedence rules require parentheses in ButtonFunction->(body&).
- Settings for ButtonFunction are often inherited from button styles via the ButtonStyle option.
- With the default setting Evaluator->None, the expression constructed from the button function is sent to the front end for evaluation.
Introduced in 1996